Association Update-2019 Summary
2019 has been an exceptional year for AAPi. Hallmarks have been:
- Growth in membership- AAPi has surpassed expectations and dramatically boosted our membership base.
- New Legal Team- Engagement of new legal team with expertise in health regulation.
- Advocacy and media coverage- Extensive advocacy for AAPi members, employment of a professional lobbyist and expanded media coverage.
- Key Partnerships- Partnerships and meetings with government and health industry leaders including the PsyBA, the minister for health, the MBS review taskforce and DHHS.
- New logo and website- Updated, professional logo and website. Further boosting engagement and membership.
Plans for 2020
- AAPi is member led and always will be.
- Providing support and advocacy for our members.
- Survey of members to ensure we are meeting our members needs.
- Full strategic planning process.
- We will drive efficiencies through refinement of processes.
- Identify process inefficiencies to improve delivery internally and externally.
- Take a systems approach and improve all facets of AAPi functioning.
- Massive improvements to our website.
- Legal strategy with PGC Legal.
- Partnering with key bodies such as NEDC and allied health.
- Political Lobbying and marketing execution.
- Clear action on the things that matter most to our members.